Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Well rested - Not Sleepless in Seattle

Pass the coffee, it is Wednesday June 17, 2009. Dana and I had a nice flight to Seattle via Phoenix yesterday from Wichita. We landed in Seattle around 1 pm, surprisingly a half hour early, greeted by temps in the 70's, typical Seattle weather but no rain...yet. After renting a car we headed to Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle, walked by the first Starbucks, watched the salmon throwing antics at the fish market in Pike Place Market and did some general site seeing.

I contacted my aunt and uncle who live in nearby Hansville,we will have lunch with them today. The visit will require a ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island and we will drive up to Hansville which is on the Kitsap Penensula. Hopefully when we leave there we can pick up another ferry over to Anacortes which is where our team will meet to make the departure for the ride east on Thursday.

The bike group should be gathering. Braden and I have missed each other by phone I am assuming he and Roger have made the long drive from Wichita to Anacortes in a safe and timely fashion. I am sure we will know more today as the departure date nears. All is well from my perspective, I am on schedule for the Thursday ride so thus far it looks like all systems are go. My thoughts right now are focused on rain gear and warm cycling clothes, did I bring enough? If Braden and Roger made it up here with my bike and gear I guess I am at the point of no return.

4 comments:

  1. You can always buy what you need. Drop
    by the Eddie Bauer store for bagins... They
    Just declared bankruptcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at pics of Anacortes. It's a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to following your trip!!!

    Slap it!!!!

    TomO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need some feedback here... throw me a bone.

    Any WiFi in Washington?

    ReplyDelete